Saturday, 6 September 2008

Corners of my home

I love to decorate my home in shades of cream and white with touches of red - but in the downstairs bathroom there is no red to be seen - instead I couldn't resist adding lots of pebbles


















I like this look - white walls, pale grey tiles, silver accessories and lots and lots of pebbles


















Favourite pebbles in a jar collected from the beach at Godrevy. The white candle with shells came from St. Ives Candle Company and the beautiful grey/silver crystal agates came from Em Jems, St. Ives. The cards to the right are prints by Derek Jenkins - this one is of mussel shells. I particularly love the pebble paintings that Derek Jenkins paints! At the back by the window I have a beautiful black and white card of a Cornish Tin Mine
















On top of my bathroom cabinet I have cards with Newlyn mackerel in the shape of Mousehole "Starrygazey Pie" (a Cornish pie made from pilchards, herrings or mackerel, so named as the heads are left outside the pastry gazing up to the sky)





















The other card is of fishermen in Mousehole harbour and the Mousehole gap

No comments: