Tuesday, 18 November 2008

Corners of my home

This is my little utility room with a sea green/sea glass theme!


















My pretty sea glass collection and an original
watercolour card by Lynette Pierce


















This is "Frosty". He is ceramic and meant to be an ornament but he has a very important job! He is my keeper of the sea glass!

I bought him a couple of years ago at Christmas in Mousehole. I love to go and see the Christmas lights in Mousehole every year and he reminds me of that special evening every time I see him looking out from the glass jar

We always start our evening with a warm glass of mulled wine in The Ship Inn, followed by a nice pub meal and a walk round Mousehole harbour. My thoughts always turn to the Penlee lifeboat disaster which happened on 19th December 1981 (not that long ago really) and how the tragedy still haunts Mousehole village and so Frosty poignantly reminds me of that also















More seaside treasures. Some of the bottles have mustard yellow marks inside that remind me of the mustard yellow lichen/moss on the cottage roofs of St. Ives

No comments: