Saturday, 10 January 2009

Best Friends

Last night we went out to Peppers in St. Ives - it was the first time I have been out in the evening since I had flu (middle of December). It was really quiet in town, hardly a soul around and we had Peppers to ourself

I was really excited to see the Christmas lights were still up. Each shop and gallery has a little tree on the front of each building decorated with white lights and a string of bigger white lights up the middle of the old cobbled streets. It was magical! And it's still cold and frosty here!










Today, I am busy preparing for a visit from my sister - she is coming to stay for a week. I don't get to see her much these days and I miss her. It means quite a bit of upheaval for me though as our cottage is not big and my spare room is my "studio" so I have to spend ages putting all my art/crafting stuff away, only to have to get it all out again at the end of the week, but I don't mind as she is my best friend and I'm looking forward to this little holiday in January

[She doesn't know it yet but she is getting roped in to help on "Gardening Monday"!]


















I'm going to bake later - thought I'd try these white chocolate cookie type things. It's one of my new resolutions - to bake a bit more. There is something so comforting about baking and domestic objects like tea pots, tea cosies, cups, spoons, cake racks, cake tins and cookie cutters

Lastly, I will leave you with this picture from Poppy Treffry. It is a card I bought called "Friends". Poppy is a local textile artist (Newlyn) and I love her work so much as it's very quirky, girlie and features lots of seasonal and domestic objects - just my cup of tea!


















Love the red too!
Hope you all have a good weekend x

No comments: