Friday, 30 January 2009

A bit more blue ...

I haven't made a mosaic for a little while so here's a blue one for "A Year of Colour"


















1. Heat distressed chiffons 2. Cornish boat 3. Fibres trapped under metallic mesh 4. Textiles 5. Boat 6. Bridgewater blue hens 7. Watercolour pebbles with wax resist 8. Aqua boat - peeling paint 9. Blue boat - peeling paint 10. Monoprint 11. Paint and print 12. Rag rug starfish 13. 14. Mussels at Godrevy Beach - Fotos by Flo 15. Knitting with wire/beads 16. St. Ives boat - peeling paint

and, while I've got my blue mosaic head on, here are a couple of photos of a metal sculpture at St. Ives railway station. In the centre, it has an interesting blue tile mosaic



























This one is for Dot in California who loves mosaics!

5 comments:

Chrisy said...

They're beautiful tiles in the centre...irridescent...and enjoyed the peeling paint in your mosaic...

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Thank you Chrisy

Judy Scott said...

your blues are just amazing ~ such a wonderful collection and variety, so happy you have a camera now ~ Im still deciding ~ Judy x

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Thank you Judy. I hope you find the camera that's right for you. I am enjoying the Year of Colour group and so glad you gave me the idea. It's helped me to get a few projects finished that have been hanging around for a while ...

Dottie said...

Hi Carolyn,
Oh my gosh those are beautiful!!! I had so much fun today. Went to a tile supply place today and got tons of tiles. Spent way too much but can hardly wait for a new work of art...how big is your mosaic with all the different pics? Is it a wall hanging? And, the big one... wowzer, did you make that? How sweet to think of me as well... thank you, you made my day!