Thursday, 29 January 2009

BLUES

Woke up this morning and I got the BLUES

January is nearly out so I decided to have a look around the cottage to see what BLUE I have for "The Year Of Colour Challenge". Most of my blue and white treasures are in my dresser but I found a few things in my work room as well

Blue to me means Cornishware, blue and white china in my dresser, blue hens and chickens on my cups and jugs, and the blue of St. Ives and Cornwall - sea, sky, mussel shells, boats and peeling paint ...


















































































































































































































































12 comments:

konnykards .. Musings of a Senior Citizen said...

I don't think you will really have "The Blues" for long with so many lovely items and views all around!
You have far too many creative ideas flowing too - just no time for thse mood blues! Connie.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hi Connie, I think you are right. Ideas flow quicker than I can keep up with them. I am enjoying the monthly colour challenge but perhaps I should be doing my Embroiderers Guild seed head sketchbooks instead! And what I really want to do at the moment is seaweed (aaarrrgghh!)....

cocoa and blankets said...

Hello...I have started feeling very attached to blue after years of being passionate about RED...I blame my daughetr who loves blue and green...looking at your post makes me love blue even more

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hello cocoa and blankets (I love that name!)

I still love RED the best but it's very funny that I'm using every colour but red at the moment! Maybe I'm saving myself for December when we celebrate red in the "Year of Colour" challenge!

Judy Scott said...

oh wow I have to come down to St Ives I've fallen in love with it after seeing all your photos, the boats are amazing and the paintings are really beautiful ~ I love everything ~ you have such a happy blog ~ Thankyou ~ Judy x

Hens Teeth said...

What a beautiful post....blue certainly captures St. Ives.

Clevelandgirlie said...

How can I possibly be blue after looking at all those beautiful photographs. Tons of artistic inspiration there.

Diane said...

Hi! It's me, Diane from a Year of Color. Yes, we're on the same wavelength! Your blues for scrapbooking are wonderful and I've looked at your fabric art - it's totally amazing! And your photos...oh so special. It was nice to see pics of the English seacoast - it brought back many wonderful memories of our trips... So happy to have "met" you. I posted a response on your flickr pages. :-)
Diane

Julie said...

Lots of wonderful photos of St Ives and I do like your shell jar. That's a great idea.

Sarah said...

Ooh lucky you to live in St.Ives! Lovely blue things.

Gunnels blog said...

I like this post a lot, so beautiful pictures!

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Thanks Sarah and Gunnel xx