Thursday, 8 January 2009

Busy stuff ...

Busy, busy, busy ...

Yesterday, I spent the morning at Ceramica - a new pottery studio in St. Ives - where you can go along and paint your own ceramics. I just don't know where the time went, I was back in my childhood playing with paints, brushes, sponges and rubber stamps - Emma Bridgewater eat your heart out!

I "created" two heart ornaments and a coaster. Shall have to wait and see what they turn out like once they have been in the kiln on Friday ...














Then I was a "lady who lunches" - Jo and I had the most gorgeous carrot and coriander soup and chunky garlic bread in The Ocean Grill, Wharf, St. Ives looking out over the harbour ... exactly what was needed to warm the soul and the nether regions on an extremely rare frosty, freezing cold, day - was it only Monday that I said "we never get any snow or frost in St. Ives"?

When I got home, I had a lovely surprise. My parcel came from Cathy Cullis. I have been eagerly awaiting this since New Year's Eve and was delighted with the contents! A zine of beautiful stories and words, a gorgeous card of "So Many Stories" (embroidery artwork) and small card. I am treasuring the zine and reading a short story each day. Have a look at Cathy's beautiful work at November Moon















I have been busy working on my "other" blog - a place where I have been sharing some of my old textile art work and techniques/ideas. For some reason, I feel the need to do this before I share my current work. I can't explain it. So, if you are interested in textile techniques, want to try something new or just need a little inspiration please stop by Mixed Media Textile Art





























Thank you for visiting me

1 comment:

Jo said...

Hi from the other "lady who lunches"! Good photo of your angel tile and look forward to seeing the Cathy Cullis package on our next Christmas Crow Day