Sunday, 11 January 2009

Dreams of Sennen Cove and Seeds

I love seed heads so much - it's a real passion for me and a recurring theme in my work. I was so EXCITED to discover that the sketchbook theme for The Embroiderers' Guild this year is "seeds". I already have a huge collection of work related to this subject and am more than happy to produce tons more! I am going to enjoy working on this project all year. Next January 2010 the sketchbooks will be displayed for everyone to see, which is very exciting

I thought I would share with you a small corner of my "studio" and a collection of favourite things - a jar of different types of seed heads














... an inspiring collage by Angela Diggle called "My Bracelet" (see the link to Art Space Gallery below for more information) ...















... a beautiful altered art hanging called "Enchanted Soul" that I got from Out On A Whim Studio ...


















... and this lovely card I bought in Sennen Cove last year. It reminds me of the day I bought it and walking along the beach on a really blustery day!















My sister, hubby and I went to Sennen Cove this morning - there was nobody around. We walked along the promenade, down into the tiny harbour, along the sea wall and "pottered" on the beach picking up one or two treasures - mainly sea glass for Frosty to look after. You can see my mosaic of Sennen Cove here

This really is living the dream ...

2 comments:

Dottie said...

Hi Carolyn,
Dottie here from the states... yes I did make all of those mosaiced bowlin balls..there are more that I didn't post too. I love mosaicing..Thank you for such nice comments..I love your blog. It's fun to check out others' blogs to see what folks are making. Your place sounds fabulous, like a vacation spot!

konnykards .. Musings of a Senior Citizen said...

I love the corner of your studio - and seedheads - I'm looking forward to seeing lots of the seed theme, hopefully in 'Stich' mag which I get each month.
Lovely to have found your blog, Connie.