Friday, 23 January 2009

On the colour trail ...

You know how you can lose so much time on the blog hopping trail ... looking at the wonderful art and treasures of your favourite artists and inspiring blogs and hopping from one link to another? I spent a lovely time catching up with Judy Scott's blog yesterday and inspired and excited by the idea of the "Year Of Colour" challenge I hopped over to Artsy Mama and signed up straight away















I like the idea that I am joining in right at the beginning and the Year of Colour challenge will go on all year with a different colour palette each month. January starts with blue, so I will post some pictures to the new flickr group next week ...


















It's been a very cold but bright and sunny day today and I had to pop down St. Ives this morning to the Post Office so I talked hubby into coming with me. We had a lovely walk down through the gardens and woodlands of Treloyhan Manor, along the coast path (saw lots of wild primroses), then across the beach and up the steps of the Pedn Olva hotel, where we stopped for a coffee in the bar of the hotel. The views of the harbour are amazing, but without the chill factor of the cold wintry winds

Unfortunately, my camera has packed up completely since the last posting so I wasn't able to get any pictures today but I took these pictures last week. Luckily, I have a new camera on order which should come next week so I will be up and running again soon … (thank you hubby for the early birthday pressie!)














Well, you may have noticed from the last post that I'm going through a little seaweed phase ... it's nothing to worry about ... I have these little phases every now and then! I have been working on some drawings and a couple of stitched collages which I will show you some time






























I won't have time to work on them at all for the next few days as tomorrow (Saturday) I'm off to Manchester for a long weekend to spend time with my brother’s family. I'm flying from Newquay as it's such a long way from St. Ives to Manchester, around 7 hours drive I think

My talented nephew is appearing in panto (“oh yes he is”). It's Mother Goose and I'm really looking forward to the Saturday night show, Sunday matinee and seeing him in his red tights! So I'd better go and get packed and I'll chat again next week ...

4 comments:

Julie said...

Have a lovely weekend! Hope you have a calm flight. I love that piece of driftwood, amazing markings.

konnykards .. Musings of a Senior Citizen said...

Have a lovely weekend Carolyn - thanks for popping on my blog. I like the sound of your artistic plans .... Connie.

Judy Scott said...

Your artistic plans all sound so exciting and I love the photos ~ not long till you get your new camera now. Hope you have a fab time in Manchester ~ Judy x

ArtsyMama said...

So glad you joined in:) I added you to the blog roll.
EnjoY!
Kari