Wednesday, 21 January 2009

Seaweed on my desk

Due to wintry weather Gardening Monday happened on Tuesday for the second week running. I feel really pleased that we have almost finished the winter clearing and I like to think I'm making lots of room for all the little bulbs to spread out and wiggle their toes. While digging around I found these lovely pieces of bark which I had to rescue and I know I will use them in a project
















On my desk I have some angora wool tops (that I got at Exeter Stitch Show back in September), some yarns in olive and mustard and pieces of dried seaweed































I'm sorry that these pics are not all that clear - my camera has been playing up for a while now, the "zoom" has finally decided to go on strike and won't do anything it's told. Hubby is treating me to a new one as a very early birthday pressie as he knows I'm lost without it, so I will try and replace these pictures later. All for now, got to go play ... have a lovely day ...

Oh, one more thing, just to say I am still plodding through my old sketchbooks and posting older work on my "other" blog - Mixed Media Textile Art - I will be posting a new design project next week ...

6 comments:

konnykards .. Musings of a Senior Citizen said...

Don't worry about whether photos are clear - the things on your desk look really exciting. I'm looking forward to seeing the project that's "coming on"! Connie.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Thanks Connie, I'm looking forward to getting the new camera, the old one finally gave up completely after posting this!

Judy Scott said...

yummy colours and I can smell the sea off the seaweed:) Do you know which camera youre going to get ~ I too would love a new one that photographed art work well, I get really frustrated when the colours dont come out well. Have a good day ~ Judy x

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hi Judy, my old camera was a Canon Powershot A70 but the new one I'm getting is a Canon Powershot A420. It had good reviews on Which and at £70 is fairly reasonable for a digi cam. It's a slightly better spec than my old one too - hope this helps! I'll let you know if it's a good one when it comes next week

Have a good day - Carolyn

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Sorry that should have read "Canon Powershot A470"

Barbara Johnson said...

Your photography compositions are extraordinary, even out of focus! Thanks for posting :)