Saturday, 14 March 2009

Birthday Inchy

This is my inchy made for the latest challenge theme from Inchy by Inch. The theme for this week is "birthday"














I just joined the challenge group and so this is my very first "inchy". I found it's harder than it looks to work this size. I fretted for several days about how I was going to fit it all on, but this was probably because I've had a head cold all week and couldn't really think straight! Anyway, after all that, I haven't done very well this week because it's a little bigger than an inch - a whole whopping one and a half inches. Hope I don't get the sack! I will have to try harder next week!

Anyway, thought I'd better get this posted because there is another challenge on Monday or Tuesday to fret about ...

15 comments:

Guzzisue said...

ok, I give in,how do you fit it all on something so small!! had a great time down your way last weekend in spite of the weather :-)

Sharne's Bit 'n' Bobs said...

I have just completed an A.T.C. challenge and I fretted about starting that too! I dont know if I could do anything to fit on an inch square, an A.T.C. is small enough. Well done you!

Miss Mapp said...

Good to hear from you too Carolyn.
he he, me from Cornwall - that would be an honour, but i think not.
Wow, have you got followers. Well done

Gez said...

Can't believe it's your first inchy! It's gorgeous. I just love the colours & the cake...yum, yum!

Hope you get the chance to join in next time. xx

Amy said...

Super cute..lots of lil' detail's on there! Adorable cupcake

Carol said...

Wow incredible detail for an inchy,
well done you.
if you e-mail me I can answer your questions :)
carolmcfee@aol.com

Gina said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog... I'd love to come and teach in Cornwall!

Fiona Whitehead said...

What a fab inchy - they're challenging aren't they! So glad you found us and come and join in again - don't fret though - I want it to be fun for you x

Judy Scott said...

your inchie is great ~ they are very tricky ~ I made a heap of them for swaps (sewn ones) over the last 2 years and they take an age, hope your feeling better soon, love Judy x

AngelaC said...

Great idea to use the cake recipe... and a great inchy! Hope this is the start of something big, or should I say little? LOL

BumbleVee said...

great first inchy!! it's lovely... very pretty pastel colours....

Julie said...

One and a half inchie is a much more manageable size. You have done a great job with this.

I hope you soon shake off that cold. My DH is trying to give me his!

Ellen said...

I well remember my first one, not long ago. you've done great i love that you added the birthday text to it. see you on the next one.

urban craft said...

Hi, found you from flickr. Really cool stuff. I like your blog too. Thanks!

Sharne's Bit 'n' Bobs said...

Thank you for your kind message. We are now waiting for the results of the tests.