Monday, 9 March 2009

Snow, trees and birdies

It's all about trees today ...
















Created with fd's Flickr Toys for Mosaic Monday - combining my love of snow, birds and tree branches

1. Winter wonderland bauble 2. 06 3. 06 4. Blackbird and white snow 5. Blackbird in the snow 6. Black and white snowy things 7. Mute 8. Bleak winter weather 9. Brittle and twist out 10. October 11. Canopy 12. Bird silhouettes 2 13. 2 blackbirds snow 14. Yesterday's gone but the past lives on 15. Wintertime 16. Try to sing your own song

Thank you to all artists/photographers who gave permission for me to use their beautiful pictures in this mosaic - please click on the links to go to the original photos

For "Gardening Monday" we planted a tree - a sweet cherry tree. Our buddleia has been very "woody" for a long while and finally succumbed to the wintry weather we have had. We have slowly been cutting it down and so the birds had fewer and fewer perches to get to the feeders. For quite a while I was thinking what to replace it with - I never really liked the flowers on the buddleia - and while I was away I decided a cherry tree would be perfect because it's the right height for our garden, the birds will love the fruits and it has a pretty flower. Plus it would be a bonus if we ever manage to get to to the sweet fruits before the birds ... mmmm .... cherry jam ... yum yum!!












This fits in nicely because I can now tell you I had a very nice post today. I was one of the very lucky winners to receive a copy of "Cherry Blossoms for the Heartbroken" by Cathy Cullis. It arrived today and I am very much looking forward to reading all the beautiful poems. Cathy's artwork is stunning and I am very happy to have this in my collection as I love her work















I'm feeling a little under the weather today, I have another cold so I'm going light a real fire with the buddleia branches this evening and curl up on the sofa with "Cherry Blossoms" and a hot milky chocolate drink.  See you soon ♥

12 comments:

Hens Teeth said...

Good choice....Ah cherry blossom!
Hope you feel better soon.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Oh thank you - I need cheering up this evening! Carolyn

Julie said...

Keep warm, drink plenty and I hope you'll soon feel much better, Carolyn.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Thanks Julie - does that mean I can drink lots of hot chocolate? Yummy!

christineadolph said...

Hope you feel better...Cornwall is so pretty, I was there 13 years ago..lucky you to live there.

Carol said...

Hope your feeling better Carolyn, and the milky chocolate did the trick :)

Gunnels blog said...

I hope you feel well soon! And drink or eat so much chocolate you need :-)

AngelaC said...

These are beautiful... could be inchies! Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. I look forward to seeing your first inchy for the challenge!

Lynne said...

Love the mosaic - my favourite is the bottom right image - so cute!

Kayla coo said...

Hi,
Hope your feeling better.
Love Cathy's work too.
Michala x

Judy Scott said...

Hi Carolyn sending a get better (((hug))) ~ I love the mosaic you created some beautiful images ~ Judy xx

Sarah said...

Beautiful mosaic, blackbirds and trees are my favourites too :)

ps I love your egg background, its ace!