Wednesday, 4 March 2009

Buttons and Bows

On my desk ... a few more little tea light holders I started making last week for Christmas Crow Day that I just need to finish off before I can get back to other things. I made them with my winter white/snow theme that I always love at Christmastime













I had fun making these - I used small cranberry sauce jars and decorated one with vintage heart shaped lace. On one of them I stamped the word "snow" onto the glass with pearlised ink sprinkled with winter white embossing powder, heated with a heat gun and added white snowflakes. This one needs some ribbon round the top and the third one I need to finish off the beading ...


















On the previous post I got round to adding a couple of old photos I found dated "Summer 1964". Even though I was only two years old at the time, I remember the dress I was wearing. My mum made it and she sewed different colour buttons down the front which fascinated me when I was little ... see I loved buttons even then and, by coincidence, I was born at home in a flat above a dress shop that was called "Buttons and Bows" ...

2 comments:

Clevelandgirlie said...

Sweet. A bit of destiny, perhaps - being born above a dress shop called buttons and bows! Love the little candle holders. Never thought of inking and embossing on glass. hmmmmm.

konnykards .. Musings of a Senior Citizen said...

I love the candle holders too - I embossed on a ceramic tile once it looked OK but quickly rubbed off - end of experiment!
Lovely little girl photo - I hope your Dad is much better now - did you spend time with Mum & Dad at the weekend? Connie.