Wednesday, 8 April 2009

Twitter Twitter

Where to start? I recently went to Tenerife and had a lovely time and beautiful weather. It was very nice to have a rest and be able to sit outside in the sun stitching ...


















We hired a car so managed to get around to a few different places and my favourite day was when we went to Adeje, a really old Spanish town with very old architecture, buildings with character, street cafes, beautiful mountain backdrops and pretty flowers

We sat in a street cafe and had tapas, Spanish omelette, fried cheese with homemade bilberry jam and tuna & tomato salad and it was lovely eating al fresco


















From a postcard







White hibiscus














I didn't take loads of photos this time, but got a few nice flower shots

Now I'm back and gradually catching up! I still need to visit all my favourite blogs but I did manage to visit the photostreams of every single one of my flickr contacts, phew! What a lot of talented artists and photographers there are on flickr! I love flickr!!!

Driving back from the airport I was listening to Steve Wright on the radio twittering on about twitter and it sounded fun so I joined up!! So now I twitter, occasionally, I think, as it will just be another distraction that takes me away from creating. If you are on twitter look me up but be warned there are bound to be periods of twitter inactivity followed by enthusiastic bursts of "stuff" now and again!













I joined up on Saturday and by the evening I had been contacted by Felting Craft Gossip. Linda Lanese featured some pages from my sketchbook (the work you see at the side of my blog). By Sunday, the feature had been copied on two other web sites so far (that I know of!). It was all a little too fast for me, I'm still thinking whoa!! Stop, I want to get off!!















Lots of other things to catch up on too!! I'm a bit behind with "A Year of Colour". The challenge for March was "monochrome" and, although I made a monochrome collage, I never properly got round to the task last month. So before I move on to April "polka dots" I am posting a few monochrome pictures

"monochrome" means using one colour or tones of only one colour. So "on my desk" I have gathered some lovely fabrics, threads, lace and buttons in shades of "natural" that I'm going to use in my next couple of stitched collages for my Calico Journal














Gathering vintage lace, threads, buttons and old photographs














Some of this lace is special as I used it on a wedding ring pillow I made when I got married





























I have some Victorian buttons in here somewhere ...














Lots of photographs borrowed from my Mum to scan and work with - this will keep me busy all year ...


















I pulled out a couple of photos that I want to use and I've made a start ... will show you them at the weekend

No mosaic for Mosaic Monday this week I'm afraid. I made one, posted it to flickr, then decided I hated it so I deleted it!!!

Today I had a spring cleaning urge so "Gardening Monday" happened today. The last two days we've had rain on and off but today has been fab so the garden was weeded and swept, the gutters cleaned out and washed, and I washed all the windows and front door too. Arn't I good? Now for some more stitching and blog visiting ... bye for now

15 comments:

Hens Teeth said...

Lovely post.
Oh there are not enough hours in the day!
Looking forward to your new work.

Penny Nickels said...

Lucky Girl! Beautiful descriptions of your trip, and I love the fiber photos!

Art Space Gallery said...

Welcome back!

charlotte said...

so lovely here! I see why you liked the natural version... ;)

Gina said...

Hi Carolyn, Thank you for the lovely comments on my blog. I'm not sure how I've managed to miss your blog - look forward to reading more! Gina x

Julie said...

Welcome back Carolyn and thank you for all the lovely comments you have left on my blog today :o) I hope your Dad is ok.

I've enjoyed your post today, your photos of the lace and buttons look gorgeous. I do love playing with buttons!

Your family photos look the same era as mine! I'm going to see my mum this weekend so I must look some out.

Enjoy your Easter weekend. Hope you're not overrun with grockles.

The White Bench said...

Oh, Carolyn, I perfectly understand! I have so many chores to be done, and the garden is loudly calling my name!
I'd definitely need 50 hours per day, but I am not sure the would be enough...:(
Have a bright Easter with your family and friends,
Monica.

silverpebble said...

Oh, what gorgeous buttons and lace - real treasure! How lovely to have been away. Many thanks for your lovely comments Carolyn. I've been scrolling down and enjoying your posts so much! Have a lovely Easter, Emma x

Murgelchen94 said...

Hi, Carolyn,
thank you for the nice comment on my blog.
I love your work and fotos.

LG,
Helga

missy k said...

Hi.... sounds like you had a great time away..... and its given you lots of energy for all your jobs:)

Look forward to more posts!

Have a lovely Easter.....

Karen

Jackie said...

I had a little twitter but it was only when I was bored so I'd nothing to tweet about!
A lovely post.

The Folk Art Tree said...

Carolyn,
Looks like you had a lovely trip! Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit! I am slow in keeping up with my fellow bloggers! I also joined twitter and are now following you. Your blog is a pleasure to read!
Pam

Kayla coo said...

Looks like you had a great holiday.
Lovely lace and buttons.
I have heard so much about twitter perhaps I should check it out but I'm sure I would get zero done! x

Cath said...

You lucky thing going away on a wonderful holiday. I hope you had a fabulous Easter! Thank you so much for leaving such a wonderful message on my blog. ... I'm now off to investigate 'twitter'!

Judy Scott said...

Happy you had a wonderful time away and twitter???? something to do with all your birdies:) only joking, you're right another distraction.
Your monochrome photos are just wonderful ~ you have a beautiful blog.

Judy xx