Wednesday, 3 June 2009

St. Ives, sand, sea and shells ...

I have had the most wonderful birthday week
There is so much to share with you!

Taken from Hain Walk, St. Ives












Last Tuesday (26 May) I walked down the coast path to St. Ives. The weather was as gorgeous as it could be and the beaches and harbour were very beautiful!














The colours of the sand and sea were so wonderful
I took loads of photos














It was such a beautiful day!














My brother and his family came to stay with me for a short visit (28/29 May). We played on Porthminster Beach, paddled in the chilly sea, collected a few shells and feathers, made a sandcastle, had an ice cream, had a pasty for lunch, picked up sea glass and pottery pieces in the harbour, had fish n chips for tea - yes - a very naughty day full of indulgences!!


















Coincidentally, this week's inchy challenge is shells!

A great theme! These are my inchies made simply from sand and shells on watercolour card. The simple things in life quite often bring the most pleasure!!

I have lots of catching up to do and things to show you over the weekend:
  • birthday cards and pressies - so pretty
  • flowers and art at Trelissick Gardens, Truro
  • birthday tea party and birthday crow
  • Christmas crow day - garland and ornies
  • house inchy swap
  • textile art beads from recycled materials; and
  • a new project to show you on the other blog
Hope you have a lovely day!

17 comments:

Carol said...

Happy Birthday Carolyn the beach looks wonderful

Clevelandgirlie said...

Aaah the simple things in life bring about the greatest pleasure - you are so right Carolyn. So glad you had such a delightful birthday experience. St. Ives looks like a dream. I wish I was there right NOW and your inchies - a perfect depiction.
XO

meplusmolly said...

How perfect are those pictures of great birthday weather and views?!! So glad you had a fab week, love those inchies ;0 x

missy k said...

Hi Carolyn

What stunning photographs.... so beautiful. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your brother and his family.

I love your inchies - they are so sweet and simple.

Have a lovely week.

Karen

Diane said...

I was there and it was everything you said!!! The weather and the colours made me look like a superb photographer when all I had to do was point and shoot. You are lucky to live in such an awe inspiring heavenly part of this world. Ive booked my camping pitch already for next year. xx

Art Space Gallery said...

Lovely photos Carolyn, such a very low tide too and the inchies are very pretty. I still love collecting shells, don't you. BFN. Lesley

freebird said...

Happy Birthday! I looked at your inchies and said to myself, "wow, that is some neat paper - looks just like sand" and then found out it is sand. Way to go. They are very nice inchies. Couldn't be more beachy than that!

Joei Rhode Island said...

Happy Birthday To You....Happy Birthday To You....Happy Birthday to Carolyn....
can you hear me singing??? Good it's really off key and terrible...but so glad you had a *wonderful* time.

Gunnels blog said...

So beautiful pictures! Have a wonderful summer Carolyn!

jackie said...

Good wishes for your birthday and the year ahead. What a cheerful, bright post. Thanks for your kind comment.

Gez said...

WOW Stunning photos Carolyn.xx

I've been in hospital this week but I'm back home now. Thanks for your email. I will reply asap.

Hope you have a super weekend. Gez.xx

Amy said...

Glad you had a wonderful Birthday. I love your inchies shell card..very lovely and simple too..nature at it's Best..eh?!!!

Love the picture's..a wonderful view!
Cute sandcastle.

Jo said...

Hi

Glad you had a good birthday. I enjoyed assembling your presents and having tea and cakes with you.

Great photos - do you live here?!!!

fiona d said...

thanks for sharing your joyful week, and a belated happy birthday! Your pictures of St Ives are just amazing.

Judy Scott said...

Hi Carolyn just popped in to say hello and thought Id left a message here last week ~ my brain is fuddled!!! I love the photographs the walk looks amazing and these should be made into postcards/ gift cards. I love how St Ives is such an inspiration to you and the inchies are brilliant with real St Ives sand and shells, have another lovely day ~ Judy xxx

vfdvgf said...

We world of warcraft power leveling always archlord power leveling and flyff power levelingand flyff gold orflyff gold link 2moons gold or2moons dilwow knight online power leveling

reyt said...

The World Leading wow power leveling and wow gold wow power leveling