Monday, 15 June 2009

Yellow

Today I'm combining Mosaic Monday with A Year of Colour - the colour for June is YELLOW - such a cheerful sunshiney colour

Yellow textiles, stitch and flowers

















Created with fd's Flickr Toys for Mosaic Monday and A Year of Colour flickr group and blog

1. Yellow daisy family 2. Yellow buttons 3. Shibori resist dyed silk 4. Daisy 5. Patchwork of textured fabrics 6. Couching and hand stitches 7. Tie dye on cotton 8. Inside my yellow rose 9. Button, sequins and beads 10. Yellow clover 11. Batik wax resist dyed cotton 12. Couching and hand stitches 13. Daisy family 14. Patchwork of leaf fabrics 15. Daisy 16. Daisy detail 17. Lichen 18. Yellow clover 19. Buttercup 20. Paint on tissue paper 21. Couched threads 22. Wild strawberry 23. Art gallery poster 24. Buttercup 25. Mustard yellow twinkling paints on tissue


A favourite rose from my garden













This yellow rose from my garden has the strongest sweetest scent of all my roses. I love to stick my nose right inside it! It's positioned not far from my front door so it cheers me every time I pass

On my desk - wild flowers
















































I've got a very busy week coming up - I've enrolled for the "Textured Surfaces Workshop" with Carol McFee and Lynda Monk and I'm very excited about starting a new sketchbook of samples

I will also be blogging a new project here


















I hope you all have a very good week and thank you so much for visiting and for all your uplifting comments ♥

16 comments:

Clevelandgirlie said...

My favorite thing to do in the morning when I get home from bootcamp is to take a hot shower, make a pot of hazlenut coffee, and visit YOU. I too love yellow roses!

Is the class online?

daisy said...

Oh such sunny & cheery colours! Another gorgeous mosaic. Have a great & exciting week xx

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hi Cathie, yes the class is online. Here is the link:

http://fibreinform.com/Onlineworkshop.htm

I've never tried hazelnut coffee, but I drink a lot of chamomile tea!

Thanks Daisy, always lovely to hear from you!

Crafty Green Poet said...

yellow is a beautiful collour you;re right, lovely collage you've made and those are very pretty flowers too, all of them

Art4Sol said...

What a wonderful collection...makes me smile and feel all warm inside.

Pom Pom said...

Yellow evokes such passion in people, doesn't it? It invites us to look up. Your rose IS cheerful and LOVELY! Your blog holds good things.

libbyquilter said...

oh~!~i adore the wildflowers from your desk shots~!!~ they almost look as if they've been painted on a watercolor paper . . . but i think that's actually texture from a wall(?) . . .

thank you for your uplifting visits to my blog and for making yours such a treat to enjoy whenever i get the chance, which isn't often enough~!!~

:)
libbyQ

Diane said...

Yellow is such an underused colour these days - thanks for pointing me in the direction of the Flickr me bob, i'll have a go. PS have you noticed your beaches are a bit short of sand? We are still finding it in every pocket, trouser or shorts turnups, bags etc It makes me want to be in St Ives.

Ruth said...

Oh - you'll have such fun with Lynda and Carol. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a kind comment.

Julie said...

Looks as though you're going to be busy. The yellow mosaic and sketchbook page are beautiful. I particularly like the top of the page in your sketchbook, the yarns and stitch look very effective together. Yellow is not an easy colour to work with but your explorations look inspiring.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with Lynda and Carol's course. I've seen some people's work from it and it looks exciting.

missy k said...

Hi

Love your yellow mosiac! So cheerful.

I can almost smell your rose from here...... I love the old fashioned roses..... did you collect the petals and make perfume when you were little? I did!

Enjoy your workshop - sounds like you are going to have fun.

Ps Orange lichen probably does NOT exist! It did sort of look orange though.....

Have a lovely, lovely week.

Karenx

Cathy said...

your yellow post is a real treat, yellow roses were my late grandmother's favourites, I hope you have a bright, creative and sunny week x

Carrie said...

Thanks for dropping by Carolyn. I too hope to enjoy the workshops and learn lots from it. I love your sketchbook page of samples, very inspiring.

Art Space Gallery said...

Lovely yellows Carolyn, the beautiful, fragrant rose and the wild flowers. I especially like the plantain in the last pic.

Thanks for the link to Flikr toys - at last I'll be able to produce a mosaic (maybe)!

Lesley

Pom Pom said...

Sometimes I visit your blog just to get a look at that cute crow! Funny, huh?

Julia said...

hello :)

Your mosaic is so cheerful and inspiring, I just spent quite a while gazing at all the different little squares.

And then I began browsing a few more of your recent posts and found your little inchies...Im overwhelmed by the detail that you put into them, Im especially taken by the little houses you made - wonderful!

Love Julia xxx