Saturday, 18 July 2009

Catching up

Awards, tags, mosaics and mentions

Recently I've been enjoying spending a bit more time away from the computer, getting things done at home, spending nice time with hubby and catching up with my own projects and experiments

I've got lots of new things to share with you, the trouble is knowing where to start and what to show you first. So, I think I will start with some general blog stuff and lots of blog buddies to thank and by the time you get to the bottom of this post you may feel like you have been attending an awards ceremony, but here goes .....

THANK YOU to Brandy from Brandywine Boutique for the wonderful gifts I received in her giveaway. There were so many lovely treasures in my package - vintage lace, ribbons, papers, tags, embroidered flowers, buttons, charms and threads - all gorgeous!


















THANK YOU to Lynda from Diva Designs for tagging me for "A Bit of Summer Silliness"


















Here are my Six Summer Sillies:

1. Beachcombing - collecting pebbles, shells and seaweed
2. Walking barefoot - sand between my toes
3. Paddling in sea water so cold it makes me scream!
4. White chocolate Magnum ice cream
5. Birdsong - the song of the blackbirds in my garden
6. Knitting seaweed

For playing along I'm supposed to nominate six of my blog buddies for their "Six Summer Sillies" so I'm nominating:

1. Karen - Missy K
2. Gez - Gez's Crafty Bits
3. Jo - Knit Weave Felt
4. Lesley - Sea Blue Sky & Abstracts
5. Cathie - Clevelandgirlie
6. Michala - Kayla Coo

Please only play along if you want to (no obligation!)










THANK YOU
to Kirsty from MeplusMolly for another blog award received - the Butterfly Blog Award. It's green and purple so I've placed it on my other blog - thank you Kirsty!

THANK YOU for mentions of my work on Rachel's Melted Fabrics and on About.Com - Using Leftover Embroidery Floss Threads and Fibres (I'm no. 7)



THANK YOU to Morna Crites-Moore
for including my felt and textile bead
in her mosaic on her Bittersweet blog
(19th June)

This is just a small section of the mosaic
Mine is the long bead at the bottom

1. Velvet laid on roving
2. Women's Suffrage
3. Long bead




THANK YOU to The Magnifying Glass Nature Journal for posting my seaweed mosaic (June)

THANK YOU to Niminy Fingers (Make Your Presents Felt) for including my watercolour pebbles in her mosaic on her Niminy Fingers blog (25th June) - wish my pebbles were red!



























THANK YOU to Poppalina for including my rainbow in her mosaic (5th July)

THANK YOU to Cathy for her very kind gift which I will show you soon with another post and for including me in her mosaics from time to time

THANK YOU to you all for staying with me while I've been away, for staying in touch with me, for your emails, twitters, flickr messages and comments, blog comments and friendship - I really appreciate it

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK!

23 comments:

Jane said...

Nice to see you 'back' I shall enjoy popping in from time to time :)

Pom Pom said...

HI Carolyn! I've been watching for you! I'm glad you're back!

Kayla coo said...

Hello,
Thank you so much Carolyn,I hope to join in your summer silliness.
I love beachcombing too.xx

Hens Teeth said...

Yoo hoo! Waving!

Clevelandgirlie said...

Sweet chocolate covered strawberries - she's back!!!!
so happy to have you around again.
Beautiful post - lots of eye candy.
I'll be seeing you!
XO

Jules said...

Wow - what a lot has been happening to you.

Nice to see you back.

Love Jules xx

libbyquilter said...

you've been busy busy busy despite not blogging~!!~ so glad that you are feeling ready to join in again~!!~

:)
libbyQ

Diane said...

Great to have you back!! I love beachcombing too - My back doorstep looks like the tide comes right in with all our treasures!! (some of which are on my banner)

daisy said...

Welcome back to blogland ... you've been missed xx

Chrissie said...

Hi Carolyn! Nice tributes and glad you've been able to spend more time with your hubby - much more important than blogging!

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Hi Carolyn, welcome back - you have been missed! Thanks for tagging me, I'm thrilled (mind you, how long it'll take to think up six summer sillies is another matter, is there a time limit?

Love your new blog background and the seaweed.

Am at Art Space on Tuesday and Thursday next week. Bye for now. Lesley x

Julie said...

Good to see you blogging again Carolynx I love beachcombing too especially on the Westcotts Quay beach :)

Gunnels blog said...

Nice to see you back! I have also have a blogbreak,and it is good I think to do other thing, than be sitting in front of the computer. BUT...........it is fun to :-)

Audrey said...

Wow - that's a lot of thank-you's!! Winning give aways is so much fun! It's like Christmas at the post office!

jackie said...

Your blog is looking v. smart. I like the pebbles. At Art in Action last week we saw a New Zealand artist demonstrating how to put a ring of silver into the centre of pebbles using a sand casting technique. Fascinating.Thanks for your comment.

Art4Sol said...

Welcome back!!!!

Cathy said...

You have had a busy time despite the blog rest. It is good to have a break now and then and get yourself refreshed. Beachcombing...how I would love to do it if I didn't live in the middle of the countryside.

Joei Rhode Island said...

Glad to see you back! I always enjoy looking at your fab work (you deserve the awards btw) and all your lovely pictures.

Gina said...

Good to see you back!

Guzzisue said...

good to see you back :-) wish I lived near enough to a beach but will have to wait until september.

Miki Karson said...

Hi Carolyn.Thank you for the visit..glad to have you back! Hoping in Sept..you will agree to let me feature some of your Global Warming work and write a bit about it on my blogs. let me know and we will chat! xx Miki

Judy Scott said...

wow what a wonderful collection of thankyous ~ heres another for you ~ thankyou for staying with me through my bad patch ~ big hugs ~ Judy xx

paperwerks said...

sigh. i just love your work and your blog:) nothing specific to say right now, really. although i really enjoyed reading about your dying adventures.