Friday, 6 November 2009

Seasons

To everything there is a season
a time for every purpose under the sun

Red leaf on a painted sketchbook page


















Thanks so much for really understanding what I was saying in the last post

Primroses are really beautiful, delicate little treasures. I love them. But I don't want to see them in November. I prefer them in Spring!

I was disturbed to think that the bulbs are pushing up so much while I'm still enjoying Autumn and we've not had a frosty/snowy Winter yet. Generally, it's very mild here in this part of Cornwall, so that has something to do with it, but the seasons are a little out of kilter and it worries me that this has greater meaning

I'm grateful for all your comments and encouraged that I'm not alone in noticing these things. I took some comfort from JP's words:

"I find it comforting that the bulbs are ready to come, but when the weather changes they will hold fast but still come back next spring"

I hope the bulbs hold fast!

I will be back with my usual ramblings tomorrow ♥

11 comments:

Itch2stitch.com said...

I love your ramblings! suzie. xx

Steve McIntosh said...

Our bulbs are coming through as well. Our strawberries flowered in May then again in September ! Also - is this just me ? - but I hardly saw any bees in the garden all summer. Definitely something strange going on with the weather and the natural cycle.

Wipso said...

I have honeysuckle still blooming here in Shropshire. A x

Gunnels blog said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful picture! I am always so pleased when I look at you blog!
Have a nice wekeend!

Pom Pom said...

Two pansies are still alive in a window box - that's it. Now the snow covers my front garden so I'm hoping for some warm and wacky Colorado weather so I can PLANT some bulbs! If the icebergs melt, maybe I can dig! I wish I could look at your sketch book in real life! Thinking of you in your house by the sea. (BIG HUG)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Every fall my husband plants garlic and generally before the snow comes, they're sprouting through the ground. We're always worried about what will happen in the spring, but so far they've always come back. Have to agree tho' that the weather is really strange lately.

A bird in the hand said...

I know what you mean. I worry too when we get temperatures of 15C in the middle of November. It's out of kilter. xoxo

Diane said...

I have no sympathy - you shouldn't live in lovely St Ives - no sign of bulbs poking through here in the frozen north! Only joking - I know what you mean, each season used to have its own definate signs but they are getting a bit blurred these days. However, this year has been like "the good old days" (well I am half a century old now!) here in the North. We got Snow in the Winter, and Sun in the Summer - Autumn is panning out how it should, but I think we missed Spring. Lots of love. xxxxx

libbyquilter said...

love the beautiful petals on painted paper~!~
all we can do is enjoy each day as it's given to us . . .

:)
libbyQ

allison said...

I love your posts as I love the things you do :) everything :)
all is full of love and art.

hugs!

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Hi Carolyn, more lovely, warming reds - just what's needed right now, in dark, cold November. Have a nice weekend. Lesley x