Tuesday, 22 December 2009

Magical

Thank you all so much for your get well wishes ♥

I'm feeling a lot better now and I'm so pleased I'm over it in time to be able to enjoy these few special days before Christmas ... the most magical week ...

Magical




















All credit goes to the wonderful and talented artists and photographers whose work is included here. Please click on the links to go to the artists' work

1. White snow crystal 2. Imagine snow girl 3. DSC_0478 4. Untitled 5. | 6. Untitled 7. Snowflake macro 8. As a star in the night ... 9. Tiny houses painted 10. White Christmas Lavender Bird 11. Untitled 12. Christmas snowflake balb 13. This years tree 14. Star 15. Nature's Silver Jewels 16. Hug

... and now Christmas is only a few days away ...





















I've sprinkled Christmas all round the cottage ...

Pebbles, shells and candles

















As you know, I like to decorate my cottage with things from nature such as pebbles, shells and agates. I especially love agates because of the sparkly crystals inside that catch the light












I'm attracted to sparkly things

Shimmery shells














I love beachcombing all year round





















Peaceful colours




















Embroidered leaves, floral and umbel patterns that I love - especially honeysuckle which brings special memories flooding back




















A cosy corner





















Decorating with seedheads, acorns and fir cones
















Thinking about the year ahead

While I was resting, I had chance to think about some things I want to achieve next year. No strict resolutions as such, just enjoyable things I want to pursue

Top of the list is to finish off the jobs in the cottage once and for all and I've made a "serious" snagging list!

I would like to experiment more with paint and collage in my sketchbooks, spend more time with photographic projects and I've committed to making a textile art quilt for Annabel's Festival of Quilts 2010 group. I'm bursting with ideas and inspiration for my piece, which will involve a lot of experimentation with fabric dyes, image transfer, printing, machine embroidery and embellishment - very exciting!

Later in the year, I want to work on a large and "slow" soft cloth piece (inspired by Rebecca Sower). I want it to be something that takes me a long while, something precious that I can pick up and put down, take on holiday ... something that will evolve (inspired by Jude Hill)

My hubby gave me this perfect fir cone he found for me!















Well, I shall do my best to catch up with all of my blog buddies over the next few days before Christmas and I will be back with more things here very soon (lots to catch up with!) and there will be some RED I promised a short while ago ...










... and if you (or someone close) are unwell at the moment I'm sending you huge get well wishes too ♥

Carolyn ♥

25 comments:

Julie said...

So good to see you back Carolyn and with such a delightful post. I hope you are 100% better now. Have a good week and enjoy the lead up to the magical day. xx

daisy said...

Beautiful images. So glad you are feeling better :o)

Hugs

daisy xx

JP said...

so glad you are feeling better - I just love the shimmery shells - I have so many but I just can't resist them when I go to a beach!1 - its a good job I don't live where you are!!! - love the white but look forward to seeing the red again - take care

missy k said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better..... its lovely to see another of your posts... as normal I love everything you show but today I especially love the star - its soo pretty.

Love Karenx

Kayla coo said...

I can see why you the love silver and white.
You have a beautiful home.x

Emma said...

So glad you're feeling better Carolyn. This was a lovely post to read. These sound like great resolutions - enjoyable and satisfying.

Have a wonderful time this week

xxx

Guzzisue said...

many thanks for the card, Custard must be a good influence as Monster's handwriting is improving!!

Gez said...

Beautiful post Carolyn. So calming. Thank You.xx Lovely to hear you are feeling better. Hope you have an enjoyable week & a super Christmas.xx May all your dreams come true for the New Year. I wish you lots of luck with your new projects. Hugs, Gez x x

Tracy said...

Glad to hear your feeling better :) The cottage looks amazing, have a wonderful Christmas

Pom Pom said...

Your cottage IS amazing! You are so smart - nature things make your home look calm. You have lovely plans and I can't wait to see pictures of your accomplishments!

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Beautiful silvery, soothing post Carolyn - and interesting stitching planned for 2010. Best Christmas wishes, Lesley x

Lisa said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better and ready for all the festivities.
Happy Christmas!
Lisa x

bad penny said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better - what a beautiful post

Have a wonderful Christmas xx

Jacky said...

Glad you are back on feet and feeling well again.
Gorgeous wintery images....all white and sparkly.
Wishing you a wonderful Christmas with family and friends and best wishes for a happy and healthy 2010. I look forward to seeing your new slow cloth. I have decided over the last couple of weeks that it is something I want to achieve next year also. I find Jude Hills blog so inspirational in many ways. I havent checked out the other link you mention...off to do that now.

Love and Christmas Cheer in your cosy cottage.

Jacky xox

May Peace and Joy be with you.

Jacky xox

Diane said...

I do love a good nosey around your home - it looks so beautiful. Have a lovely Christmas - and heres to us meeting up in 2010. xxxx

Alex Mason said...

Merry Christmas xx

imac said...

A very merry Christmas and a happy new year,little Pixie.xxx

Pomona said...

Have a very happy Christmas!

Pomona x

~ Phyllis ~ said...

It has been such a joy to read and visit your colorful blog.
Merry Christmas.
Hugs,
Phyllis

Cally's Cottage said...

Beautiful blog,just found you!Have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year.
Warm Wishes,
Callys Cottage x

Itch2stitch.com said...

I am happy that you feel so much better, and Wish you a very happy christmas. Enjoy knitting that tea cosy! Suzie. xxx

Dot said...

Hello gorgeous girl! Thanks so much for your lovely Christmas wishes. I send you much love and wishes for a beautiful time with your family. You and your beautiful blog have brought me so much joy this year.
Your home is gorgeous and a lovely reflection of your special soul.
Dot xx

Jackie said...

Your home looks beautiful, tasteful, peaceful and co ordinated. And NO RED!!!!!
You are one of the friends I feel I have made this year.
Happy Christmas.

ArtPropelled said...

So glad you are feeling better Carolyn and a great post too! I would feel very comfortable in your home surrounded by collected treasures from nature.
Have a very happy christmas!

ewa-christine said...

To do or not to do.......is a verry good thinkting!
Wish you the best and a nice Bhrismas day and A Happy New Year!