Thursday, 31 December 2009

Out with the old ...

I find myself looking back over the last year, reflecting on the little challenges I set myself and groups that I joined. For the most part, it was a successful year

Sketchbooks - I delight in them! I do something in my books most days and they bring me more joy than anything else. I haven't shown them much ... but I might do one day. They push me to try new things, help me to really notice everything in my little world and to grow spiritually and as an artist

Mosaic Monday - I discovered how to make photo mosaics and I was away with the fairies!! The mosaics have brought me absolutely loads of pleasure sourcing beautiful, inspiring photos from my flickr friends and faves and putting them together in collections

Hearts I ♥





















All credit goes to the wonderful and talented artists and photographers whose work is included here. Please click on the links to go to the artists' work

1. We are the poets 2. One doesn't have a heart of stone 3. Red velvet heart, 4. “Lurking at her heart” 5. Zinc Heart & Candle Holders 6. New linen hearts 7. Nature love 8. Scrapblog fun 9. Securing a heart 10. Hearts 11. Button heart 12. I heart 13. Hearts


Photography - I've really been enjoying (and had some interest in) my still life nature arrangements which I want to pursue further. I love walking and finding thngs and using the finds. In 2010 I want to learn more about digital collage, layers and textures and I know someone who can teach it to me ... it's just a question of time ... as most things are ...






















Year of Colour - Really pushed my buttons! That is why I have two blogs! I like this one to be calm with touches of my favourite red and the pale vintage tones which I have in my home. The other one is everything else - all the colours I love to work with, all mixed together, plus textiles. Yes, I admit to being a "colour control freak" but that's just me!

Inchy challenge - I failed miserably ... but intend to have another go in 2010. It's very hard to make art only one inch square and I take my hat off to all the artists in the Inchy challenge group for producing so many beautiful little pieces week after week!

Gardening Monday - Started out with good intentions! From January until October "we" managed (pretty much) to spend at least an hour in the garden every Monday morning - tidying, weeding, planting or sweeping up ... I found just getting out there was the hardest part as I'm not a natural gardener. I like it to look nice, but I'm never going to be Charlie Dimmock! Once I made the effort I found myself enjoying it and often "lost" 2 or 3 hours ... October and November brought so much rain it was impossible to do much in the garden and I lost momentum. December, I'm afraid, was a non-event in the garden and it's looking rather sad at the moment. I shall renew my enthusiasm for the garden in January. The highlight was, one day in late Summer, having a cute, fat, fluffy robin follow me round just a foot away chattering to me

Cottage - Two big jobs still to do then we are onto the nice bits - painting/decorating, some new carpets and furniture. Hope to get this finally finished in 2010

Blogging friends - Blogging has been a real blessing to me. I have met some wonderful blog friends and made some really special friendships and blogging has been a really good creative outlet too. It gave me somewhere to "stick my stuff" and some creative purpose when I wasn't sure of my direction. I joined and have enjoyed the challenges of various on-line workshop groups too, some of which are ongoing (that means ... unfinished!)

Christmas - Where has this week gone? I haven't finished blogging Christmas yet! I've been trying to write this post for several days but I keep getting distracted. I've been baking a lot and losing myself amongst all the beauty and talent on flickr ...

So now it's time ...

Time





















1. Montre à Gousset Famille 2. Idle 3. BEE on Time Steampunk Necklace 4.2:50 pm

... to wish you a lovely New Year's Eve and send blessings for 2010














H a p p y
N e w
Y e a r

May your dreams and wishes come true!

Carolyn ♥

29 comments:

Kickcan and Conkers said...

Hope 2010's everything you dream of!

bad penny said...

Oh I'm first to say Happy New Year Carolyn ! - your Blog & artwork are an inspiration & delight - thank you so much for sharing it with us here in Blogland ! xx

Diane said...

SNAP!!! I was writing my title as you were writing yours!!!! Happy New Year Caroline. We are in St Ives Spring Bank Holiday week, so I hope we can get to meet up. xxxxxx

Clevelandgirlie said...

Happy New Year Bezzy Mate.
Oh how I love you and all that you represent.
Here's to 2010 - and all the magic it will bring.
XO

grandmayellowhair said...

Carolyn your site is always so nice to visit.
Love everything about it. I am looking forward to getting to know you better in the new year
Happy New Year
Maggie

Ticking stripes said...

Happy New Year Carolyn!

Joei Rhode Island said...

Happy New Year....this site is always a treat to visit and I look forward to many more lovely photographic mosaics in the comming year.

mairedodd said...

happy new year to you! best of everything as we launch into a new decade - seems like a blink ago that is was the turn of the millenium!

Deborah said...

What a lovely post. Happy New Year to you.

The White Bench said...

Oooh sooo beautiful Carolyn!
I am so grateful our paths crossed over the last year.
Hope your new one will be filled with blessings and abundance. That's all!!;)) Love, Monicaxx.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Happy New Year to you too Carolyn...and to your family as well. Hope it's a great one for you!

missy k said...

Another wonderful post, you are an inspiration to so many people... your blog always makes me happy!

Thank you so so much for my lovely birthday card and present -it will give me a nice warm feeling - just like your blog does!

Have a lovely New Year's Eve and a very Happy New Year to you and yours.

Love Karenx

Lisa said...

Happy new year to you.
Good luck for all the challenges you set yourself for 2010.
Lisa x

The WestCountryBuddha said...

And a very Happy 2010 to you as well xx

Dotti said...

May 2010 bring you the best! I have truly enjoyed and been inspired by Love Stitching Red...as well as your other blog!


http://piecefulmusings.blogspot.com

Diva Kreszl said...

you have had a year of amazing accomplishments, thanks for sharing them with us! Happy New Year, may it be filled with special moments!

Pom Pom said...

Your thinking, your art, your creativity bless SO many people, Carolyn! I love knowing you and I look forward to continued inspiration and joy! Please post some photos of the sketchbooks! I'd love to see! Happy New Year, Super Star!
(BIG HUG!)

Doreen G said...

Carolyn I count finding your blog as one of the wonderful things about 2009 and I hope to continue the journey with you through 2010.Happy New Year my friend.

Lyn said...

Happy New year to you too!
Love
Lyn
xxx

Lynn said...

Let me join the crowd here in saying I love all you create and share here and wish you a very happy and creative new year!

Gez said...

Happy New Year Carolyn ♥ I am blessed to have found your blog. Your creations are awesome & you are an anchor & an inspiration to us all. May all your dreams come true in 2010. Good luck with the digi stuff...then you can show us how to do it!! Lots of love. Gez.xx

A bird in the hand said...

Dear Carolyn, I'm so glad we "met". Happy new year to you. May it bring you all kinds of good things. xoxoxo

Guzzisue said...

Happy New Year to you, Custard and Monster xxx

Debrina said...

Hi Carolyn - I just love everything I've read and seen here. I find myself nodding to quite a few of your goals - photography, gardening, modaics (that I've got to learn)and sketchbook. Consistency and regularity is the key...if we can keep up the momentum, even if the pace is a little slow, we can surely reach our goals.

fibrefrolics said...

Your goals all seem exciting. I really love your mosaics and your pictures with little pieces of nature. Wishing you a wonderful year ahead and hope your goals become reality.

meplusmolly said...

Wishing you a blooming marvellous 2010! ;0 x

vintagerockchick said...

Another brilliant mosaic - I must get to grips with making some myself! You really are an inspiration - it makes me want to go off and make stuff rather than just thinking about it. If fact, that could be my resolution ......

Gina said...

Happy New Year Carolyn. Love the mosaic.

Amy said...

ohhhh, how pretty..I always love your photo's..so much to see and be inspired by. My fav's were the clocks and heartstrung pillow's...mmmmm...they melt my heart!