Monday, 18 April 2011

A fairy tree


you lovely, lovely thing to see

In April when the woodland ways
are all made glad and sweet
with primroses and violets
new-opened at your feet
look up and see
a fairy tree
with blossoms white
in clusters light
all set on stalks so slender,
with pinky leaves so tender
O Cherry tree, wild Cherry tree!
you lovely, lovely thing to see!

Cicely Mary Barker



Thank you all so very much

for commenting on my erosion bundle in the last post
I am very much looking forward to working with the pieces
and will share with you what happens next ... (soon)

First, though, I'm working on a couple of good ol' rambles
because there has been so much going on
that I've been too busy to blog lately!

I never quite seem to get that balance right
between being creative and sharing it on my blog

creative wishes
Carolyn

11 comments:

Jess said...

Lovely lovely! I've been so enjoying all of the blossom and shoots in the garden. What a fantastic and exciting time of year!

Shoshi said...

Thanks for this beautiful photo, Carolyn. Isn't this just the most beautiful time of the year?

So looking forward to seeing what you do with your erosion bundle!

missy k said...

I love blossom!

Guess what else I love? Your music.

Looking forward to next instalment.....

Love Karenx

Heavens2Betsy said...

Beautiful beautiful blossom. I can never get enough of it in all its various forms. Your post made me chuckle. I spend so much time looking at others blogs I forget to create. I love your music too. Penny

Pomona said...

Blossom time is the most beautiful time of year here - probably because it is so short-lived. I loved those Flower Fairy books when I was younger - and I still really like growing all those native English flowers in my own garden.

Pomona x

vintagerockchick said...

I know just what you mean - if I have time to blog - it's because I've done nothing to write about. I just read your previous post and commented - love the beautiful bundle!

Pom Pom said...

Hi Sweetie Pie!
I love the fairy tree very much and there are lovely blossoms galore around here. Oh, I hope the blooms last a long time!

Jill said...

What a spring we are having - beautiful picture and words. Dreamy music too, perfect.

The Feathered Nest said...

Dear sweet Carolyn, I was curious if you received my email? Please email me at sewmanyroses@yahoo.com ~ thank you so much!!! xxoo, Dawn

Joanna said...

Sweet sweet photo and I love the Flower Fairies. PERFECT music to go with this post, too.

xxx

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

The music is so pretty isn't it?
It's called "Fairy Melody"