Saturday, 2 July 2011

Hidden Paintings - Alfred Wallis - St. Ives, Cornwall

Hello dear blog buddies

I will be posting my June updates and
(belatedly) my July calendar in a blog post tomorrow

meanwhile ...

if you have been interested in the BBC series "Hidden Paintings"
I would love to share with you this link to the programme
that was broadcast only in the South West and the Channel Islands

It features stunning scenery and the cobbled streets of St. Ives
and also some otherwise unseen Alfred Wallis paintings

so if you love St. Ives ... put your feet up for 30 minutes and enjoy!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b012721l

Curtis Dowling goes on a quest to establish whether
two paintings by the Cornish mariner-turned-artist
Alfred Wallis are fake or the real thing

If genuine they could be worth a fortune,
but fakes of Wallis's works abound.
Curtis meets experts, trawls through
hidden collections of the great St. Ives primitive,
and finally uses scientific tests to get to the truth

With thanks to Chrissie

8 comments:

ShabbyChicShaz said...

Thanks for the heads up about the programme, enjoyed watching it. I've liked the works of Alfred Wallis since I first saw them in Kettles Yard Cambridge. Love seeing St Ives as well, you live in a very beautiful part of the country :)

WinnibriggsHouse said...

That was very interesting. Have not seen the programme before, so thanks for that. St Ives looks amazing, you are very lucky to live in such a beautiful place.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Yes ... very lucky ... I appreciate it all :o)
and looks like it will be a lovely day tomorrow according to the forecast :o)

Diane said...

Looking forward to another Beautiful sunny day tomorrow. I love the work of Alfred Wallis. This music is making me want to go to France though!!!! xxxxxxxx

Jane Housham said...

Just finished watching the Alfred Wallis programme. Thanks very much for posting the link. How interesting that it all turned around at the end. Lovely to see beloved St Ives too.

Are you curious about me? said...

Just found your post, I've been on holiday - No TV, and no internet....Camping in Holland... Very WET!.... Went to the link about Alfred Wallis and it's closed! Dam it! Sorry about the swearing, but I would have loved to have seen it. Did you or any of your friends video it? Do you think that they would be so kind as to send me a copy, I would reimberse their expences of course. Fingers crossed ~ Julie

My email - mycuriousteaparty@googlemail.com

Anonymous said...

Blimey that curtis dowling is a dish isn't he! why do we not see him more on TV instead of the stuffy old art experts the BBC think we want to see. Kate

Cathie said...

Have had the most delicious morning - catching up with your lovely, lovely blog. With Gizmo snuggled by my side, my favorite Amaretto coffee and a very stormy (lots of thunder and lightening) morning, the day has gotten off to a wonderful start. It has been far too long since I have visited my most favorite place on the internet! Hope you are feeling beter dear Bezzy. My what a long, and draining sickness you have had. Why so long to recuperate? Better be careful about that. Miss you.