Saturday, 20 August 2011

a romance with summer

a cheery hello to my bloggy friends and followers
and anyone who has accidentally stumbled across
my little bit of space on the web :o)

just wanted to say I will be posting here soon
but meanwhile have been posting here:

printing and playing with geospun textiles

Festival of Quilts 2011

a few photos

since I got back from Festival of Quilts it's been hectic the past week working for my hubby and working on my own things, custom orders for beads and hearts, keeping the house looking nice, a Crow Day working on The Brooklyn Sketchbook Project, a day out with a friend, drama in St. Ives and the purchase of a new sewing machine (you wait till you see it!), also had my quilt back which I want to work on a little more and I'm making a curtain too ... in readiness for chillier autumn/winter evening (it's for the cottage door) ...

... so quite a bit going on

I also have some autumn harbinger photos to share
from a lovely walk recently

this weekend I'm painting more beads
and stitching new hearts which I love to do
also sorting out my photos for the post that I've been
carrying around in my head for the past week

Your source for Glitter Dividers Images!

meanwhile ... this is the mosaic I made for TILT

♥ a romance with summer ♥
Things I love Thursday

clinging to summer, dreamy days at the beach, hearts and berries, red and pink, a romantic trip to Paris, love and passion, soft light and quiet moments ...

1. "I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon" ~ author unknown 2. Saturday raspberries 3. 4. . 5. SDC10049 6. Victorian romance - 5 of 5 7. dreams&r-detail1 8. I heart you 9. green people 10. a menos 11. stuff on my desk 12. snow 13. berries

with thanks to my flickr friends and faves for sharing their photos

the mosaic is soft and dreamy
as I cling to summer for just a little while longer ...

I hope you like it
have a wonderful weekend
creative blessings
Carolyn ♥

9 comments:

Ellouise88 said...

Lovely, lovely mosaic! I'm trying to cling on to summer but have to change my sodden clothes first as we all got drenched down town this morning!

Julie said...

Oooh! A new sewing machine! Show me, show me! :-) Beautiful mosaic. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Sandie said...

Ah! Summer, that would have been in April around here LOL!
Your mosaic is lovely...

Sandie xx

Monica said...

Gosh, I love this collage! All you make is wonderful!
Thinking of you,
Big hugs,
Monica xo

La Dolce Vita said...

beautiful and your cupid quote made me giggle!! I agree... xx

demie said...

lovely : )

Deborah said...

Lovely collage! The cupid quote is the funniest!

Little Dotty Bird said...

hi Carolyn, love your summery mosiac..i must find out how to do some more interesring things with photos on my blog..your blog is so beautiful! just to let you know, i nominated you for a "versatile blogger" badge award thing because i really enjoy following your blog, you can check out the details on my last post. ive linked to your blog from mine. take care, lisa x

Victoria said...

So much loveliness to look at. What a gorgeous post. x