Monday, 19 September 2011

Monday movers and shakers

some recent flickr favourites

it's dark and rainy in St. Ives this morning
hope YOUR Monday is lovely ♥

1. when night time came 2. les plantes d'eau 3. paper dolly 4. living in a dream 5. . 6. beautiful tags 7. forever is not found here 8. jar no 239 9. relax 10. ribbon key vintage typewriter key bracelet 11. . 12. . 13. Texture Tuesday - dream 14. . 15. spooky halloween house 16. singer 17. fragments no.12 18. studio art wall 19. flea market finds 20. porcelain dishes with lace effect and crackle glaze, handcast pewter spoon 21. balmain day dress 22. paper dress 23. museum of forgotten things 1 24. little houses 25. wickedness

I've been a little bit quiet

I've been away on holiday to Dartmouth
and catching up with a few things at home
hope to write more soon

meanwhile ...
I had a change around on my windowsill in my work room
I like to move things around

... a few movers and shakers this week ...
and I'd like you to meet Clarice

she is a lovely wooden figure made by Lynn Muir
from driftwood found on Cornish beaches
I simply fell in love with her
and she came home with me
(from Dartmouth)

I call her Clarice after that silly joke that goes ...
"what do you call a man with a seagull on his head"

answer ... "Cliff"

but she is a lady with a seagull on her head
so she is called "Clarice Cliff"
(tee hee ... falling about laughing at own joke)

we are the music makers
and we are the dreamers of dreams
wandering by lone sea-breakers
and sitting by desolate streams
world-losers and world-forsakers
on whom the pale moon gleams
yet we are the movers and shakers
of the world for ever, it seems

Ode
Music and Moonlight Collection
Arthur O'Shaughnessy




I found this piece of sea washed pottery
wandering by lone sea breakers
along the beach

mer - sea
have a great week
I will be posting a much longer post * HERE * tomorrow

Carolyn

17 comments:

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

Oh I love this black and white and cream mosaic, so soothing and inviting and Clarice is spectacular, a muse I suspect just waiting for you to find her. xox Corrine

Lynn said...

Found some relations of Clarice's on flickr.......
www.flickr.com/photos/lynnyholly

vintagerockchick said...

Clarice is lovely - as are all your pics xx

rhian m james said...

jyst followed your other blog, i also love this one and will follow :) Your work is very good :D amazing

Ticking stripes said...

Beautiful. Loving Clarice...I think we were on the same colour palette yesterday!

Donna said...

Lovely calming colours. I loved the colours of your quilt in the last post. Very inspirational.

chrissie said...

rolling around laughing here too, Carolyn! Love Clarice and that gorgeous piece of sea-pottery.

Catharina Maria said...

Carolyn , I love your new doll I will go to her site to see what the other art of her is !
Love ♥RINI♥

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog. Although I love Clarice it's the piece of pottery I would covet. I thought it was the last three letters of summer.
Judy

Pom Pom said...

Hi Princess Carolyn!
Oh, that bird head girl is just my cup of tea!
Your white window sills are lovely! I love thinking of you, there by the sea, creating beautiful things! (BIG HUG!)

Sophie Munns said...

It only took a little reading of your latest blog posts carolyn to remind me why Cornwall is luring me to visit....
I feel quite amazed that a place I have been looking at from afar with such interest is very soon to be seen up close...its too delicious!
Sending you good wishes ...
Shall look forward to a stroll on the beach ... and breathing in the air of this special place!
Sophie

underatopazsky said...

What wonderful serendipititious finds. And I think Clarice is a great name for her - what a wonderful knowing expression she has!

Kerrie said...

What a gorgeous girl Clarice is - very clever reference to Clarice Cliff! It's always a pleasure to pop into your blog Carolyn - makes me long for Cornwall every time.

gunnelsvensson said...

Beautiful mosaic and Clarice are so nice!

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Carolyn,

I love seeing all your lovely mosaic photos and Clarice is very unique and special. I am back after a Summer absent. Hope you will visit me soon. Miss Ya. Hugs Judy

Julia Guthrie said...

Would love to know if there is any special technique to making those lovely mosaic photo montage things?
They always feel so inspiring :)

Hoping things are settling down for you a wee bit now Carolyn. Have definitely missed your posts here & on facebook! xxxx

Itch2stitch.com said...

Hello, just popped by to catch up with your lovely blog! Suzie xx