Thursday, 16 February 2012

inspired to stitch

goodness what a bad blogger I've been ...

I started the year off in such a prolific manner ... determined to keep up with my blog and lots of projects and challenges

in January I met up with one of my dearest blog friends and together we set about creating erosion bundles full of seaside inspired goodies from St. Ives beach. I have three bundles sitting out in the garden in the cold and wet. I will be sharing the contents of the bundles on my other blog in March, and the reveal during the first week of May, as that blog seems to have naturally evolved into a seaside inspired blog
... which is a lovely thing to happen


I've had twice monthly Crow Days with my friend Jo

and I also finished up the sketchbook project
which has now been received at the art museum in New York
again, photos on that later ... what a tease I am!
on top of that I've been hosting Tag Tuesday
keeping up with my tags and making the blog look pretty ...
will share my recent tags soon as well as
some beautiful gifts from my blog friends

the reason ...
is that in January I had an absolute eeeeeek moment!

I discovered that my joint mixed media textile art exhibition with Jo was in March. For goodness sake ... I had it in my mind that it was April but quite honestly I had so much going on last year that I hadn't time to think clearly about it at all. So panic has set in and there is some serious multi tasking going on here at the moment (as I work for my hubby and I'm trying to keep my shop going too)

so here it is ...
the excuse reason ...

INSPIRED TO STITCH

an exhibition of mixed media textile art
The Library, Gabriel Street, St. Ives, Cornwall
1st March - 31st March 2012
(closed on Wednesdays)

I will be at the exhibition on these dates and times
Thursday 8th March (12.30 - 4 pm)
Tuesday 27th March (2 - 5 pm)

Jo will be at the exhibition on these dates and times
Monday 12th March (12.30 - 4 pm)
Tuesday 20th March (12 - 5 pm)

an additional selection of textile work will be available for sale on the dates above ... such as wearable art, scarves, jewellery, my textured art hearts, original art cards, textile inspiration packs, textile art supplies and lots of my beads to handle

Jo and I would be very happy to see you if you are in Cornwall
or down on holiday in St. Ives during March
 
 
so lots of catch ups later
including Christmas and everything else I've missed!

until then ...
I hope you will forgive this bad, bad blogger

31 comments:

Julie said...

Wish I could be there in March but I'm sure your exhibition will be a great success. Have fun! xx

Karen said...

Wish I could be there too. I know it will be spectacular. Thanks for sharing your beautiful art. I could watch the slide show all day.

Bella said...

It is awful to have that sinking in the stomach feeling when suddenly things creep up on you. I am glad you have all ready and wish you luck with the show. Do you have / know of anything similar going in June (when I will be down)?

Caterina Giglio said...

do wish I could be there! would love to see your show... and so glad to see you blogging again! muah!!

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

I wish you were here too ♥

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

It would be nice to meet you Karen ... thank you ♥

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hello Bella ... I will see what's on in June for you. Once I get catching up in March I shall visit all the galleries and see what exhibitions are on in June. Thanks for your comments ♥

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hello dear Cat ... thank you so much ♥

dianehobbit said...

A wish of mine is to visit St ives this year, such a shame I can't come to see your exhibition.

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Busy as ever Carolyn - good luck, will try to pop in on one of your days at the Library. Lesley x

Sue said...

Wondering if I could manage a daytrip to St Ives to see the exhibition - and you? Maybe let the train take the strain? Must look into it xxx

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

Aren't you a flutter about with all your projects. I am sure the exhibition will be glorious, wish I lived in your neck of the woods and could visit in person. xox Corrine

Little Dotty Bird said...

Will definately try to come and say hello, with some careful planning i think i could steal away for an afternoon down to st ives without the kids...i will start planning! Would love to see your work in the real world!!

Chloe said...

Good luck with your exhibition! :)

vintagerockchick said...

Oh no! I'm surprised you have time to blog! Good luck with your work and I wish I was nearer so I could visit the exhibition x

TheFairyyellowbugQueen said...

Gosh Carolyn I will be there in spirit. If I win the lottery or some such luck that bring me lotsa cash, I'll fly over and visit you in person! Good luck with all of your projects. Best to you! *smiles* Norma

Lenna Young Andrews said...

you are definitely forgiven! Carolyn, you are doing so much these days getting ready for the show and keeping everything running that it makes sense to pull back where you can! Don't worry about it :) pop in as you can & keep us updated. We understand!

Jean said...

LOL, you make me feel so much better. My year has started out crazy as well. Just good to know all is forgiven between friends.

Pom Pom said...

How exciting! You'll get it all done! You will!
I'm glad you are doing the erosion bundles again. I wondered about that!
Take time for tea, Carolyn!

Magickdiva said...

Nice to see you back Carolyn - that's what happens when you take on a challenge blog - it takes up all your time x

Postcards from Wildwood said...

Good luck with your exhibition. I wish I were closer to St Ives!

missy k said...

How exciting! Good luck with everything..... too far for me :( but I know it will be great!

Karenx

Dot said...

Hi Carolyn. Your blog posts are always a boost to my soul! Your exhibition with Jo is going to be wonderful - I so wish I could be there. You create such beautiful art. Dot xx

Dortesjs said...

waue beautiful love love

Barb Cady said...

You have no idea how much you inspire me. I love your blog and of course you can't do everything. Good luck with getting everything ready for your exhibition, if I possibly can I'm going to try and get down. Otherwise I will wait with patience until you show on your blogs. Don't get stressed and eat chocolate! Hugs xx

Diana Taylor said...

I would love to get down and see your exhibition, but it's just a little too far sadly. I love your work and can't wait to see all about it on your blog.
Good luck - Diana xx

Indianna said...

Welcome back, I've missed your inspiration. I'll be in st Ives for the weekends either side of the 8th. My birthday - so i choose where to go for the weekend. Looking forward to seeing your latest creations - and to collect some sea glass etc. It's a shame you will not be there though.

BadPenny said...

Oh I wish I could come ! Have fun x

bohemiannie! art said...

Well my first thought was, "Oh how I wish I could be there"! But then I saw BadPenny's comment above so I have to also say...You'll get it all done perfectly in perfect time. And I'll be there with you in Spirit!

gilly said...

I will definitely pop in to have a look at your exhibition - might not be able to meet you in person, but have diaried the dates :D

Chris said...

Hi there, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/