Saturday, 3 January 2015

new year ... new bundle

new starts ...


I've been away from Love Stitching Red for quite a while
but here I am diving right in with my chosen projects for 2015

 I'm starting with a brand new erosion bundle
which I put together on New Year's Day


the contents, once opened on 1st April 2015,
will be used in my main project that I will be sharing here this year

 

the colours and items carefully chosen


with rusty objects and organic matter added


the project that I'm going to share here is called "Wreck this Journal"
(you may have seen these inspirational little journal books around)
and I plan to use mine to pursue collage and printing techniques
before following the instructions throughout the book

one of the instructions is to "compost this page"
which prompted this bundle ...



the book itself has a London theme
but as with all aspects of my work ... other favourite themes creep in
so there will be elements of St. Ives, seaside and winter themes included


materials in this bundle include :

cotton, silk, scrim, lace, threads, craft papers, hand made papers, images cut from magazines, vellum, serviettes|napkins, vintage photos, leaves, twigs, berries, hydrangeas, seed heads and
rusted objects such as nails and washers ...

all tied up in a piece of whitework cotton sheeting
tied with cotton lace and placed in the garden near a hydrangea bush



 my dear blog friend MISSY K and I are doing this project together
and we will be sharing our pages on Wednesdays
so we are calling our project

WRECK ON WEDNESDAY

 if you would like to take part in the erosion bundle project or Wreck this Journal ...
please feel free to join in and share on your blog
Wreck on Wednesday will begin on 7th January 2015
I hope you enjoy following along ...

17 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

Welcome back Carolyn, I have a little tear in my eye.
We've missed you so.
And now it is time to soak up all the wonderful images you present us with and thrive on the inspiration of it all.
.........happy !
Lynn xxx

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Oh it's fabulous as always. I haven't done an erosion bundle in quite a while, might be time to put one together and see what emerges. Love this idea. Gorgeousity in your photos as always. xox

Fuzzie Fingers said...

What a wonderful array of objects in your bundle. To think they will all look very different come April. Looking forward to seeing the results. I'd like to say once again how good it is to have you back Carolyn.

missy k said...

Great photos Carolyn.... really excited about doing my bundle on Monday.

I shall be like a hunter gatherer selecting all my bits and bobs!

Note to self * remember to take before pictures!!!!!

Karen xxxx

Sue said...

This sounds really exciting and I'd love to take part. But what is a bundle,how do you make it and what should you do with it between Wednesday and April fools Day!

TwinkleToes2day said...

What a fabulous collection of items you have amassed Carolyn. It will be interesting to see the result, come April.
I shall be following your Wreck on Wednesday project with interest. Have fun.
((Hugs)) xox

Anonymous said...

What a lovely Erosion Bundle, a good start for the new year! Looking forward to your blogging etc in 2015, kind regards. Sheila

Kris said...

Lovely and inspiring! Fun to see that the Erosion Bundle Project lives on....
Looking forward to the unveiling in the spring!

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Thank you all ... I will share a bit about the erosion bundle project in a separate post for anyone wishing to join in ... the more the merrier!

Caterina Giglio said...

be still my heart, your photos and your presence... sigh, how I have missed you! just beautiful!

Pat said...

So good to have you back.

Iz said...

This is very tempting! Thank you for sharing the idea, I may well take you up on it!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I will definitely be looking forward to seeing what emerges from your bundle.

Barb Cady said...

Oh I am so so pleased you are back! Only reading this today but sounds like a great idea to do, might be a tadge late, still trying to break in my new lap top! Your bundle looks brilliant, a very very happy new year to you dear friend. Hugs, Barb xxpn

Barb Cady said...

Oh I am so so pleased you are back! Only reading this today but sounds like a great idea to do, might be a tadge late, still trying to break in my new lap top! Your bundle looks brilliant, a very very happy new year to you dear friend. Hugs, Barb xxpn

PetraB said...

It's so lovely to have you back with such wonderful photos and projects. Your erosion bundle sounds so inspiring. I will give it a go when i have settled again. But I've got the journal! It lookef like good fun and I wanted to have something to get me back into drawing doodling etc with some colouring pencils. I now started with the circle page. It is fun. Cannot wait to see what you will do with it.

Little Miss Amy said...

What a start to the new year, to see that you're back to blogging again! I loved seeing the results of your last erosion bundle, so I'm super excited to see how this one turns out :)

A very Happy New Year to you.

Amy xx