Wednesday, 11 February 2015

lots of love ... WOW!!

love love love ... love is all you need
then life is good!


this post should carry a health warning ... lots of pinky red ahead!
 
continuing on with my wreck this journal project
I completed a few challenges this week on top of my collaged pages
 
this week ... naturally ... the theme is love and friendship
with an extra dose of valentine red


on the left I'd already collaged the page and then chose to glue in a card
from my very dear friend Karen (with whom I am doing this wrecking project)
I love the umbel seed head shape Karen created on the front and
inside Karen had added a tag with a stamped love heart and a secret message
 

the challenge on the opposite side was to
"press leaves and other found things"
so I stuck in a pressed leaf and some skeleton petals from a hydrangea


pretty skeleton petals


the next challenge was to "scratch using a sharp object"
so these marks were made with scissors
 
and I made a nice "scratch texture" to use in photo play
which I will post on flickr some time (free to download and use)


the next challenge is to ...


write one word ... over and over


so the word is ... LOVE LOVE LOVE
inspired by The Beatles song  "all you need is love"
 
because my journal is about my London trip in 2013
and on Valentine's Day my man took me to Carluccio's in Covent Garden
and afterwards to see "Let It Be" at The Savoy Theatre
 
I took lots of photos for my journal ... I'm still sorting them out
but needless to say we had a FAB and GROOVY time
all loved up!!


on the pages I printed the word LOVE all over
with a hand made stencil and some madder acrylic (it's my favourite)
 
and added this little art tag that I made for Tag Tuesday
which, this week, has the theme of Valentines


underneath, you can make out a brown envelope printed with love
on which I stuck the vintage sheet music "head over heels ... in love"
which came out of one of my erosion bundles from years ago
I'm pleased to say ... it all gets used eventually! 


the envelope came from my very dear friend Caterina Giglio
with this beautiful vintage valentine "many joys"


and inside the card ... was this most beautiful and sweet heart
made from the softest vintage linen and lace with tiny, tiny embroidered roses
sweetly scented with lavender which is heavenly each time I open my journal
thank you so much dear Cat ... you can visit Caterina's beautiful blog  here
 
so lovely for valentine's day


the back pages are collaged and I've added a stitched heart on woollen blanket
from friend Claire Smith ... it's lovely to have my friends' work in my journal this week ♥


opposite page ... a very FUN challenge
"tie a string to the spine of this book and
SWING WILDLY ... let it hit the walls"
 
my book will be at The Crow Show in November 2015
I shall swing my book wildly ...
and you will get the chance to "wreck" my book too
 
I hope you can come along and be destructive in my book
I would love for YOU to be a part of my journal project
 
The Crow Show, St. Ives Art Club, Westcotts Quay, St. Ives, Cornwall
31 October - 15 November 2015


and finally ... there were home made buns for tea
teddy is very pleased about that!
(I'd better make sure he doesn't eat too many this week!!)


have a good rest of the week and see you here next week
for Wreck on Wednesday (WOW!!)
 
now off to see Karen's journal  ♥

13 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

Don't make me cry ..... It must be a song title.
I'm crying because I can't see your book in the flesh. Boo hoo hoo.
Good job we've got all your lovely pics to drool over xxx

Fuzzie Fingers said...

LOVE your pages!!!

Lyn said...

Looking love....ly!
xxx

missy k said...

So much to love!

and I do I do I do!

I feel kind of famous being in your book that's going to be in your show:)

Are you planning to get yours finished by then? Apart from the wild swinging of course!

I'm making a note of those dates!!!

I really am enjoying this project Carolyn.... so glad you suggested it :)

Kx

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Yummy at the beginning and definitely yum at the end. xox

TwinkleToes2day said...

Simply super fantastic. I always admire your ability to think outside the box. To easily (so it seems), to not do exactly what it says on the box, but to go your own way effortlessly. Your pages are always an adventure to look at, to see what you have done. A real joy every time ((hugs)) :o) xx

Pom Pom said...

It looks like you have been having a lot of artsy fun! You're so good with red!

Wendy Watson said...

I'm laughing at the idea of swinging the book around and letting it hit the walls . . . did you? Inside or outside?

Can't wait for my copy to arrive!

l.wilks11 said...

What an uplifting post to read, just what i need at my very sad time.....xx

PetraB said...

This is just fantastic. Love the vibrant red, the pressed leaves is my favourite. I just finished my circle page ... It is so much fun.
Cannot wait to see your next pages.

Caterina Giglio said...

oh, what a gorgeous post, and thank you for sharing, how lovely to see the little heart and card again... and a perfect place for both.. much love to you dear heart... xoxo

Julie said...

More love-li-ness! I'm only sad I won't be able to see the exhibition in November. A tad too late for our visit.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Now I wonder who is going to repaint your walls after swinging your journal at them? I think I'd be finding a convenient brick wall outside instead!!