Wednesday, 25 February 2015

piccadilly circus and circles ... WOW!!

it's been like Piccadilly Circus here this week
with work starting on a new bathroom, holes being drilled through walls
dust everywhere ... and family staying
 
so little time that I have only one double page spread to share this week


these are waxed collages that I made a few weeks ago
stitched to white vintage cotton linen and stuck to my book
 
I chose these ones because they have circles or parts of circles
including the tea cake wrappers I like to use


the prompt being to ... fill this page with circles


so I cut circles and round shapes and then printed more circles on top


using a stencil and printing with a blister pack ...

 
after printing with the blister pack ...
I was left with these adorable coloured bubble bits
 
 
so I cut round some of them and glued them on top of my page
you can see them in relief on my page ...


I'm not sure this page is completely finished yet ...
there are some areas I may gesso over and work on some more ...
I guess I'm being far too fussy ... but that's the beauty of art
knowing when to stop is a very personal thing
 
talking of which ...
I wasn't completely happy with the scribbled page from last week either
so I've started to doodle London words within the scribble bubbles
 
still in progress ...


apart from this page unfinished and the circles page still to work into
I must also mention that I skipped a double spread deliberately
because it's a prompt that I would like to do when I go to London next
 
yes ... London is booked for some time in March and I can't wait to go!
and I will sit on the top of a London bus and draw lines while it's moving


and other things (theatre and restaurant) are already booked to look forward to
 
so ... will share more next week and now it's time to visit the pages
of my wrecking friends and other friends taking part in non journal activities
 
thank you for visiting today

9 comments:

TwinkleToes2day said...

Super duper circles page and the writing in the scribbles is a great idea. Oh, and I love the coloured blisters glued onto your page too.
Thanks for your awesome comment on my 'beauty' page, and thank you for the idea of collecting wreck it ideas on a blank page, I shall do likewise particularly as there are a couple of prompts that I know I won't/can't do, so filling the with something different will solve that little problem.
And you're going to London in March? Awesome! Wee Man & I are going for his birthday in July. We are going on the BB Bakery afternoon tea bus tour :D But before that we are meeting with Lynn & Helen in April and there are a couple of pages in my book that I need a friend for, so I'm saving them for April.
Sounds like you're decorating/renovating is still moving along nicely. You'll be glad when it's done Carolyn. {{Hugs}} xox

A bird in the hand said...

Red and polka dots and blister packs (what a great idea)... love it all. xx

Lynn Holland said...

Oh my goodness Ive come over all peculiar with excitement at reading your post.
Firstly I'm so happy that you are making your new home your own and have family with you.
Secondly your book is driving me mad, I so want to get my hands on it.
Thirdly LONDON.... we are there at the end of March. As soon as you mentioned bus I thought of the BB Bakery bus, it's ideal. A slow tour round the sights of London while eating afternoon tea. Be sure to book the front table upstairs if you go on it. We loved it.
Gosh this year is exciting for us all. The icing on the cake would be you here in April with Mo, Helen and Anne celebrating my 60th year.
Love Lynn xxx
Love Lynn xx

Lynn Holland said...

Forgot to mention.... Blister packs what a great idea for printing. Right Philip where's your lozenges ? Haha
Lynn xx

Fuzzie Fingers said...

Circles, now that's a prompt I could deal with. Another delightful spread and I like what you are doing with scribbles.

Distinctly daisy said...

Your waxed collages would make another fabulous tutorial (hint hint) & I love the addition of your writing within the scribble spaces. My motto is never be afraid to go back & add to or alter a page. In mine, I'm finding that what's finished today, can be unfinished tomorrow & it's growing quite organically. Great fun!

Julie said...

I love printing with blister packs too but hadn't thought of cutting out the coloured circles from them, great idea! I can't imagine how chaotic it must have been with builders and visitors, you are a brave girl :-)

London sounds wonderful, the BB Bakery bus had passed me by, I shall have to investigate. Good to see your post today I was wondering how you were. xxx

missy k said...

Hi Carolyn

Love the fun you had with your pages... inspired idea to use the blister pack;)

This project does make you look at 'stuff' with different eyes!!!!

I love keep on adding things to my pages.... I like how you added to your scribbles.

I'm going to London three weekends in March for separate events. Must renew my railcard!!!! (and pack my journal!)

Hope you have a good weekend

Karen x

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Never would have thought to use blister packs for printing and found myself fascinated by the photo of the blisters covered in paint - what marvelous images!